Skip to main content
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rosa Li
    Participant

Has anyone tried to implement a jigsaw activity over Zoom? I would have ~100 students start off in their pre-assigned breakout rooms, and I’d like to then send them to another set of breakout rooms. I have an IA who I could dispatch to try to resort the students, but I’m not sure how possible that would be.

Jordan Adams
    Keymaster

Rosa, only the host of a meeting (most likely you) has the ability to actually start/stop/sort breakout rooms. You can always start students in pre-assigned breakout rooms, then bring them all back to the meeting, and do a random sort into the typical “sort X participants into Y rooms” for another round of different rooms, but there can only be one pre-assigned group.

If you’d like, you can designate your IA as host for a meeting (by clicking on their name in the participant list and making them host) and then they could designate you as co-host, so you can still do screen sharing and other host-esque functions throughout the majority of the meeting. That way, your IA would be the one that could do all the breakout room management.

Rosa Li
    Participant

Thanks – that’s how I envisioned going about it if having two sets of pre-assigned rooms isn’t possible, except I’d need to have my IA host and manually sort participants into rooms since the random sort wouldn’t guarantee the right makeup for the second set of rooms. I was wondering if it’s too ambitious to try a manual sort like that!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.