Skip to main content

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Haskin
    Participant

I’m finishing my Sakai site for this summer and the links to the forums on each lesson page say, “Not published, not visible to students”. I don’t see anything in the forum settings that could be reconfigured. I found a statement online that said something about an instructor having to have set up at least one forum topic for this to be avoided. Because the Friday Center initially set up the site, this may be the cause, but I’m really hoping there’s another way to activate all the links that have already been set up without me having to set up the forums again and then re-create new links on every lesson page.

Thao Nghi Tu
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

I confirmed your students can see the discussion boards in the Forums tool itself. This may be a bug we need to address in the Lessons tool. Can you try setting an available date on your Topics? For each Topic in the Forums tool:

1) Click Topic Settings
    2) Change Availability to Specify dates to open
    3) Change Open Date to now and remove Close Date
    4) Save

Then see if that removes the unpublished notification you’re seeing in the Lessons tool. Please feel free to email me directly or submit a help request if you’re still having issues.

Thanks!
    Thao Nghi

Michelle Haskin
    Participant

Thanks. Manually changing the open/close dates makes the unpublished notification disappear. However, it doesn’t seem to work unless I go in and set open/closed dates for every single topic (40 topics). Is there a way to avoid having to do this again in future semesters?

Michelle Haskin
    Participant

I resolved the issue. It seems like if I go in and reset each forum with an open/closed date and then go back and set them as open, the unpublished notification disappears for all forums and forum topics.

Thao Nghi Tu
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Yes, as you noticed, the settings have to be updated on each discussion Topic to make them visible in the Lessons tool. It’s a bug we’ll need to have fixed, hopefully soon!

Thanks for understanding,
    Thao Nghi

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.