Skip to main content

Home Forums COVID-19 Remote Teaching Forum Powerpoint embedded videos iPad vs Windows – tech help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all –
    I’m running a hyflex class where I have in-person and remote students simultaneously. Rather than use my laptop that I’m used to, I’m running zoom through the general classroom computer. I’m using an iPad, however, to share my presentation (I’m doing this so that I can move around a bit and not be tied to the fixed computer *and* so I can annotate on the screen since the room’s camera isn’t high enough resolution to pick up anything on the chalk board). In general, this worked last week but I have two questions… All of my embedded video inserts (links to YouTube mostly – sometimes other sources) work just fine from the Windows machine but remain as black boxes on the iPad. My workaround has been to insert links as well, but this gets cumbersome and clunky to have to click over to YouTube for each video click. I have never worked with Apple products (and will be continuing to create all my content on a Windows machine) – is this a compatibility issue or some setting I’m missing. The second thing I’d love to be able to do is use the live audio transcription feature, but I don’t see that option on the Powerpoint app. Honestly haven’t spent as much time googling this issue, sorry if it’s obvious – does this function exist outside of office 365 versions of Powerpoint?

Paul Wolff
    Participant

Jennifer,

I’m not an expert with Macs or iPads so I’m not sure I can be much help. Since no one else has answered your question here, your best bet is probably to submit a help ticket and work with IT support at help.unc.edu. Hopefully they can help you troubleshoot and find a way to get your videos working!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.