Skip to main content

Home Forums COVID-19 Remote Teaching Forum CV versus WCV

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    John Majikes
    Participant

I student did poorly on midterm 1 and wants to take a CV grade. From the following document, this is similar to an incomplete and the student finishes the semester’s work by June.

https://registrar.unc.edu/files/2020/08/Grading-Accommodations-Fall-2020.pdf

But the student wants to retake midterm 1 because of the low score. Which from reading the doc implies a WCV (withdrawl). But she can’t take a WCV because she’d lose full time status.

The document says: A ‘CV’ grade will work similarly to an ‘IN’ grade for an individual student. As with an ‘IN’ grade, a student could pass the course; however, the student requires more time to
    complete particular assignments after the course has ended. Once work is complete, the grade will convert to a letter grade or pass/fail grade, depending upon the grading basis
    of the course.

Can I confirm that if a student takes a CV that their grades carry over to the next semester?

Thanks
    John

John Majikes
    Participant

I called the Registrar’s office, (919) 962-3954, and spoke with Josh (10/20 8:50 AM) and he said that a CV is an incomplete and that all work for the semester with the remaining work finishing up by June 1, 2021.

If the student wants to zero out the grade, it’s a WCV and the student withdrawals from the class.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.