Skip to main content

Home Forums COVID-19 Remote Teaching Forum Zoom Help Reply To: Zoom Help

Paul Wolff
Participant

Bill, depending on where you are faculty, your individual school may have a different Zoom sub-account with slightly different settings (e.g. if you’re in a healthcare-related field those Zoom sub-accounts are a bit more locked down due to HIPPA concerns). Some of those sub-accounts won’t let you record to the cloud. In those cases, I recommend recording to your local device and then uploading to Youtube as “unlisted” since Youtube has an autocaptioning feature. You can then share the link with your students, like you would the Zoom cloud recording link.

Regarding the email addresses for co-hosts, here was my reply to a previous instructor with this issue: make sure your students have visited https://software.sites.unc.edu/zoom/ and that they have accessed their account. From there, they will be able to see their “Sign In” email, typically in the format of “onyen@email.unc.edu”

Be sure to use that email when adding them as an alternative host.

If, however, you are in a different zoom sub-account than them (as discussed above), they won’t show up as co-host options – I’d try contacting help.unc.edu and they may be able to look into this for you on the technical side of things as Jordan suggested..