Skip to main content

Home Forums COVID-19 Remote Teaching Forum Remote Tests & Assessments Reply To: Remote Tests & Assessments

Paul Wolff
Participant

@Matt – to your other question, I think this FAQ from the Exams portion of the Keep Teaching site covers it but let me know if you need more info. – see the 3rd bullet in particular:

Does my exam have to be completed by students during the three–hour window my class is scheduled for?

No. We see a longer window of time to access the exam as more accommodating to a diverse group of students.
Here are some example variations for an exam scheduled for 8-11 AM on Friday, May 1.

• The instructor releases the exam at 11 AM on Thursday, April 30th with no time limit. Students must complete and upload it by 11 AM on Friday, May 1st.
  • The instructor releases the exam at 11 AM on Wednesday, April 29th with a 3-hour time limit. Students must complete and upload it by 11 AM on Friday, May 1st.
  • The instructor releases the exam at 11 AM on Wednesday, April 29th with a 1-hour time limit*. Students must complete and upload it by 11 AM on Friday, May 1st. *The instructor accounts for the 2 hours lost by holding 2 one-hour review sessions with students during the last week of class.