Skip to main content

Home Forums COVID-19 Remote Teaching Forum Mobile Apps Reply To: Mobile Apps

Nels Popp
Participant

Hi,

I do an exercise in my class in which two students carry out a role-playing conversation. Typically we do this face-to-face, record the conversation with a video camera, and upload it to a YouTube channel where other students and myself can watch the role play and evaluate it. To convert this activity to remote learning, it would be acceptable to only have an audio recording of the conversation. Also, recently I have been having increasing difficulty enabling all students to access our private YouTube page due to Google restrictions.

I am looking for some mechanism for students to record (either video or audio) a conversation, then upload that file to a shared space. I think what I would prefer is to use some sort of app which students could download on their phone, then call their assigned partner to conduct the role play conversation, which would be recorded. The audio file could then be uploaded to a share file/drive for others to listen to later.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I’ve looked online for free apps to record a telephone conversation, but things like Google Voice and Rev Call Recorder seem more complicated to use than I was hoping.

Thank you.